Thursday, July 7, 2011

12w2d Ultrasound

July 2, 2011

(Baby B is at the top, Baby A is at the bottom)


I managed to convince my family doctor to set me up for another ultrasound.  At first he resisted and told me that my next ultrasound should be between 18 to 20 weeks but he finally conceded since he said I'm having twins.

The second ultrasound was booked for Saturday, July 2.  I particularly asked for the weekend since I wanted B to be able to share the experience with me. I was kind of nervous as I wanted to make sure that they were both developing nicely and needless to say, they were.  Both heartbeats were normal and both were just about the right size.

The experience was nothing short of magical.  When B and I saw the twins move around for the first time, we couldn't wipe the smile off our faces.  The ultrasound technician said that both babies kept "jumping" around. B predicted they would probably be pretty good at sports since they were already so active inside my womb.  I was just so thankful to Him for keeping both babies safe and healthy.

Afterwards, B and I went out of the ultrasound room floating in a cloud of happiness.  We were just over the moon and delirious with joy.  I seriously cannot wait to finally hold these babies in my arms.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

ahhh --- the wonders of the ultrasound, especially when you can see that the babies are already "formed" (remember how 'shrimp' started???).

dude, you're making me want to get preggers again! lol.

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww i wanna hug you!!!

-k